Thursday, October 18, 2007

Learnin the trade



A rainy thursday morning. Id probably rather sit on the couch and drink coffee all day excpet that today Maddie is coming with me to work! We have two assignments to shoot already, a chef profile and a story about a woman who works with deaf boyscouts. Both should be pretty interesting. Starting the day off with breakfast at our favorite spot in the whole world, Noshville. Its not really our favorite because of the food but just because we have been going there for our weekly "Daddy Daughter Dinners" for the last three years or so. But this will be our first breakfast there.......at least I THINK ther serve breakfast. The photo above is of the last time Maddie came to work with me. We went to Kentucky for The New York Times to cover a political picnic thing that happens every year. Maddie got right down in the middle of the press pool with a notebook and took names and caption info for me while I was up front shooting. She did a great job by the way. She also got to meet times writer Ian Urbina. Pretty cool. It was alomost 2000 degrees that day and she held up the whole time. Seriously, what 12 year old goes to a political picnic in 4000 degree heat in Kentucky on a Saturday with her dad and says,"That was pretty cool!" If it wasnt for the photo to prove it all, I may think I actually dreamt the whole thing.

No comments: